|Is this Luna dressed as her previous guise? ... Or does Nightmare Moon's evil still blot out the skies?|
|Minigame timer skip||N/A|
|Involved in quests|
|"Unknown Quest"P (mention)|
|Nightmare Moon on the MLP:FiM wiki|
Nightmare Moon is the main antagonist of the Ponyville section of the game. She appears in cutscene conversations regularly, such as when Elements of Harmony are unlocked, when a Mane Six pony is unlocked, and during the beginning few quests. After she is defeated, she returns to her original form, Princess Luna. She is voiced by Tabitha St. Germain.
Since Update 3.8 she is available as playable character along with her counterpart, Daybreaker, and lives in Canterlot. She comes with five stars, and is unable to play any minigames. Like Princess Celestia, she will sometimes perform a flight animation that generates one of every type of Element Shard.
Defeating Nightmare Moon
The following is required to defeat Nightmare Moon:
- Buy all of the Mane Six ponies: Twilight Sparkle ,Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash
- Activate all six Harmony Stones
- Complete all of the Ponyville quests up to Finale
- Nightmare Moon appears as a large image when speaking, unlike other ponies. She shares this with the Construction Worker's image in 'Edit' Mode, although he doesn't speak.
- Her henchmen, the Shadowbolts, appear during the Cloud-Clearing Minigame and the Crystal Mine Minigame, bothering the player. Rainbow Dash dons a Shadowbolt costume in the Nightmare Night update.
- Nightmare Moon was the inspiration for Nightmare Night, a Halloween-like celebration observed in Equestria.