Bits are the main currency in My Little Pony.
Bits can be gained in a big variety of ways, but the main source of income is collecting products from Shops.
- Selling stores or decor (except for trees and certain other items) bought with will refund a portion of their original price. This works even for preplaced decor such as Dirt Paths.
- Completing quests and gaining levels both reward .
- Finding Derpy rewards a decent amount of .
- Defeating Parasprites and Changelings can reward a decent amount of .
- Playing every day grants a bonus which always includes some .
- Once a Harmony Stone is activated, spare shards can be spent at it for extra . This should be done in large amounts at the same time because there are additional rewards for every 10th and 100th shard spent in one session, including the chance for a gem in the latter case.
- Tapping any piece of decor can cause them to drop a single .
- While the regular minigames with the ponies cost at least 100 , the "Clear the Skies" minigame played when reaching a full star is free and grants you the opportunity to earn some bits.
- The Balloon Pop prices include varying amounts of , especially the free version.
Bits are used for:
- Buying a variety of stores, decor and ponies
- Playing with the ponies with the x1 (100 ) or x2 (1000 ) experience modifier
- Removing obstacles (200-16000 depending on the obstacle)
- Purchasing land expansions (though this can also be done with gems)